Dr. Nancy Vertel
DDS, Dip. Pediatric Dent, MSc, FRCD (C) Certified Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Nancy Vertel is a certified specialist in pediatric dentistry. She holds a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree and a Master of Science in Craniofacial Science from the University of British Columbia. She also instructs part-time at the university’s faculty of dentistry, is on staff at BC Children’s Hospital and has hospital privileges at both private and public hospital facilities.
As both a certified pediatric dentist and a mother, Dr. Nancy Vertel understands that any health problem affecting a child has the potential to impact the entire family. In an effort to provide a more holistic approach to dental care, she established Half Moon Dentistry for Children in Surrey, BC.
Dr. Nancy Vertel is fluent in both English and Spanish. In her spare time, she gives back to the community through her work with the Special Olympics BC – Special Smiles program.
- AADMD Annual General Meeting (Princeton, NJ June 2014)
- Contemporary Sedation Techniques for the Pediatric Patient (Seattle, 2013)
- Healthy Athletes-Healthy Smiles
- AADMD Annual General Meeting (Mesa, April 2013)
- AAPD Comprehensive Review Course (Denver, 2012)
- AAPD (San Diego, 2012)
- CAPD (Edmonton, 2011)
- AAPD Annual Meeting (New York, 2011)
- Hypnosis of Children and Teens Workshop (CSCH – 2011)
- Health & Wellbeing in Children, Youth, and Adults with Developmental Disabilities: Autism, Intellectual Disabilities & Neurodevelopmental Disorders (UBC – 2010)
- Introduction to Internal Medicine Series: Immunology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Oncology & Lab Studies (University of Washington, Continuing Dental Education – 2009)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Canadian Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Specialist Society of British Columbia
Dr. Amanda Suh
Having spent most of my childhood in the greater Vancouver area, beautiful British Columbia has always had a special place in my heart. My family and I eventually moved to the Maritimes and I received my general practice dental degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax. The fond memories of my childhood in BC and my love for the outdoors brought me back to the West Coast and I practiced on Vancouver Island for 2 years as a general dentist. I am thrilled to return to Vancouver after completing my pediatric dentistry residency program at the University of Rochester – Eastman Institute of Oral Health.
I am passionate about early prevention and am fully committed to providing the highest quality of dental care to children in a fun and enjoyable environment. Outside of dentistry, you’ll find me on the trails, camping, hiking, biking, and exploring the beautiful outdoors. I’m excited to not only serve the patients and families in the Surrey area proudly but also become a part of the community and help brighten the little one’s smiles along the way.